Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Wednesday Wrap-up

How loudly am I allowed to SWEAR on this blog? I'm sure that I was not the only one, waiting and waiting for 7 o'clock to come so that I could watch the WCS Marching Band play the National Anthem at Jacobs Field in Cleveland but, instead, was dealt a full five minutes of commercials --- KIA, GEICO, and I don't know what all. Shouldn't there be something in the YES television network rules that says it's unpatriotic to NOT show the National Anthem?

I hope that someone on the field took pictures and that they will be forwarded to the school website during the night so that I can pick them up for the blog in the morning!

Back on the Highway: one thick layer of ashphalt has been laid on the northbound lane between the Tyler building and (approximately) the Olmsteads' or Bancrofts' residences. By 3:30, black-top driveway ramps were being installed along that stretch so that residents would be able to park on their own properties, tonight. But on the southbound lane, more scraping was under way and some pavement was being applied. I simply could not see well enough - between afternoon glare and heavy dust - to tell exactly where old turned into new.

The only thing that I took a picture of -- a very skewey and dusty-looking shot; too fuzzy to be useful -- was the new "facade" on the New York Pizzeria. What is it?