Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tuesday afternoon

If the Harringtons, just North of the underpass in Sangerfield, are ecstatic because they are finally getting a retaining wall across the front of their property, their delight is matched by residents of Buell Avenue where - after thirty years! - they are getting a new sidewalk!



WHOOOPEE!


and


Wow!


Look at Fr. Tom's Tomato Farm!









And every year we watch a really strange mushroom (fungus) grow on the old maple tree in front of the Swanberg Home. I can't fine it in my "Edible Mushrooms of North America" book, so - combined with the knowledge that if it WERE a choice mushroom Mr. Louis C. Langone would have arranged some way to acquire it! - I presume it's just going to stay there and come back each September, for our amusement, for as long as the tree stands.

After I'd posted the above portions of the blog, Dick suggested that I follow a trail that we keep mown along Big Creek, and that I should take my camera with me, but he wouldn't tell me WHY!



Another "Oh! WOW!" Puffballs! I had nothing better with me to measure them than one of my size 10 sneaks. What a pity: had the woodsy critters not gotten to them first, Mr. Langone and I could each have had a lovely feast and still had more to share with others!

At least now we know --- it's Puffball Time!