Friday, October 13, 2006

Freezy Friday!

Quick! Get the Garbage out!



No wonder we didn't want to get out of our warm beds:

28 degrees and clear!



The forecast for tomorrow is much better than feared: it won't be sunny and glorious, but neither will it be a "wash-out" nor will we be getting what Buffalo got, yesterday!





Later:

I just received an E-mail from Gordon Taylor, author of "Fever and Thirst," the scholarly biography of Dr. Asahel Grant whose boyhood home is the old white farmhouse half-way down Grant Hill north of Hanover (There's an historical marker - you can't miss it.) telling me to check out the website: I did! You should, too! (Especially look to see what was in Dr. Grant's Medicine Chest!) Ask for the book at the Waterville or Deansboro Libraries.

And in yesterday's "snail mail" was a most beautiful "Thank You" card on rich, rusty-hued paper with Autumn leaves and woodsy icons. I love it! The return address is "Elkton, Maryland" -- I wish I knew who'd sent it, but I don't! Thank You, whoever you are!

I'm waiting for Tim Francisco, of ProActive Physical Therapy & Pretzel Works to send me pictures of his most recent climb in the High Peaks. I've heard that he and his buddies really did bag "Wolfjaw," "Lower Wolfjaw ," "Armstrong" and "Gothics" - all in one glorious day, last weekend! Email the Writer

The WCS Girls' Varsity Soccer team is at Cooperstown, this afternoon at 4:30; and Boys' Varsity Football plays Mohawk Central here at Brothertown Stadium at 7:00.