Sunday, October 22, 2006

"Lo, the Golden Gingko!"




And then Dave Desany's mother, Jean, wrote to the blogger:

"Dave's recollection and the blogger's anticipation prompted me to let you know that it was 11 years ago just about now when, knowing we were going to be moving out of state, I decided on the one thing I could take with me after 23 years at 242 Buell.

The day came when the gingko shed nearly every leaf in the space of 24 hours and I went outside to make careful selections. My choices were carefully pressed between waxed paper and the unabridged dictionary that held them went off to New Hampshire in February of 1996.

Some months later, I had those little nuggets framed (above) and they hang in our home to this day, a constant reminder that we couldn't have picked a better place to call home for all those years."

Jean Desany