Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday - finally!

It's just about 30 degees, this morning, and we look as if we'd been sprinkled with confectioner's sugar!

Lincoln Davies was ready to equip us for a "real" snowstorm: this wasn't it.


Nor, according to these Weather Channel predictions, shall we be doing any serious shovelling for a day or two, at least.

If you're yearning for the sight of snowbanks, watch some Webcams. Here's one near Turin.








Doorway decoration at the home of one of our Pop Warner stars!


The forecast for game time - 10:00 tomorrow morning - looks
like just plain good Football Weather!



lll

I made a brief stop at the Siegfried residence at "Hubbard's Corners" - the old one-room schoolhouse just this side of Summit Road - yesterday afternoon, and can now tell you that I'm glad I did! I'll be going back, before long!



Their Red Raspberry Jam isn't as bright a red as my grandmother's "shoepeg" (Barberry) Jam but "shoepeg" was an appropriate name for the concoction: in the first place, whoever picked them had to deal with the thorns; the center seeds are HUGE and woody and, as I recall, the berry portion didn't have a particularly pleasing taste, so I'll stick to admiring red barberries on the branch!