Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday

50 degrees; "balmy and moist, but not really raining," according to the inhouse weather observer. From my point of view, it's wet, again, and still dark!



WKTV News Channel 2's forecaster predicts: "Big Changes!" "Today: Mostly cloudy, with rain developing late. A thunderstorm possible. Breezy and mild. High 65" but, by Saturday, the S-Word enters the forecast!

The Utica Observer-Dispatch gets in on the Weather Business with this article about a Winter Weather Toss-up!




Yesterday afternoon I noticed that our white lilac bush is getting its Spring buds! (Not unusual - just surprising.)







That reminded me that, if you're lucky enough to have a forsythia bush and pick some sprigs right now, you'll have a nice yellow bouquet for Thanksgiving!

(Photo by Carlin Reed Sullivan.)

There ARE alot of folks, of course, who would much rather see SNOW than Spring Flowers, and they're already checking the Central New York Snow Travelers website. One day about a week ago, eastbound at California Road on Rt. 315, we saw a snowmobile tearing across a long, grassy open space. Surprising! But - Why not? But grass drag racers are no doubt as interested in Snowmobile Safety as those who prefer a snowy base. CNY Snow Travelers, are offering just such a course for youths age 10 or older as well as adults on Saturday. Registration is required! Go to the above link and click on "Safety" to sign up.

As you can see, I've been tinkering with the blog's format, again. and now I've got it so that I like it. Many people have asked me about "blogging:" - "How hard is it?" and "Does it cost alot?" and "Do you have to have a super-computer?" Some have even asked if I'd teach a course in blogging ------- I can't figure out exactly how that would work, but the answers to those questions are: "No!" "No!" and "No!" and I'd be very glad to help any of you start out. I use a Google Blog service and, just within the last week or so, Google's made setting up a blog got easier! Go to Blogger.beta and read about it. Then... "Try it; you'll like it!" or write to me and I'll come and walk you through it. Remember: I'm not an expert, but I have some experience - at least enough to tell someone how NOT to do it!